Saturday, April 16, 2016

4-17-2016 -- 4th Sunday of Easter, Year C

April 17, 2016 - 4th Sunday of Easter, Year C
Saint Martin de Tours Catholic Church



Week after week we come here to listen to Jesus speak to us. We listen to him over and over, year after year after year, because his words are truth and life.

Proclaiming the gospel allows Jesus’ words to sink into our hearts, our minds and our very souls.

Jesus’ words have the power to change us. Jesus’ words have the power to heal us. Jesus’ words have the power to bring us new life.

Jesus calls out to us, beckoning us to follow him. Jesus is the Good Shepherd who has the best interest of his sheep at heart.
My sheep listen to my voice, says the Lord. I know them and they follow me.

Are we listening for the voice of Jesus? Are we listening for the voice of the Good Shepherd?

The voice of Jesus speaks truth. I am the way and the truth and the life says the Lord. No one comes to the Father except through me. Do we live in the truth that Jesus speaks?

The voice of Jesus speaks mercy. It is mercy that I desire, not sacrifice. During this Year of Mercy are we making a conscious effort to practice mercy on a daily basis?

The voice of Jesus speaks peace. Blessed are the peacemakers. They will be called the children of God. In what ways can we become better peacemakers in our families?

The voice of Jesus speaks forgiveness. Is there no one here to condemn you? No one sir. Nor will I condemn you. Go in peace and do not sin again. How have we experienced the forgiveness of Christ?

Jesus voice speaks of compassion. If someone who has worldly possessions sees another in need and refuses compassion, how can the love of God remain in him?

How can we be more compassionate and charitable in our everyday lives? Who needs what we have to give?

The voice of Jesus speaks love. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. And you shall love your neighbor as yourself. What challenges do we face when trying to love as Jesus loves?

Jesus is the Good Shepherd. We are the sheep. We need to listen to the voice of the Lord, a voice that calls us to change, to heal, to live and to love.

My sheep listen to my voice, says the Lord. I know them and they follow me.

Are we listening?

No comments:

Post a Comment